Sunday, February 15, 2009

Different Point of View

First, I want to wish everyone a happy Valentines Day.  Ctrl Alt Dream LOVES YOU ALL!!  I hope everyone got to spend quality time with their significant other, friends, family or by themselves happy as a clam; because clams are VERY happy.  if you have any cool Valentines day stories, we WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM!! Please tell us :)

So I am sitting here writing this, after a pretty relaxing day where I was able to do a lot of thinking and planning for the immediate future of CAD.  Very exciting stuff is being planned, and words can't describe how anxious Emile and I are to further inspire and motivate young adults all over the country..and world.  We have a HUGE release party coming up in April, which will be on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and maybe in some other locations as well!  Expect one hell of a time. 

Now...on to the good stuff.  After getting home from dinner tonight, I checked my Facebook (who doesn't) and noticed I had a private message. And, I never get messages. It turns out it was from one of my most loyal friends who happens to live on the West Coast and serves his country/community daily. I recently talked about CAD with him and this is what he said to me.  It was not only intriguing but extremely mind opening and it made me think.

"Hey I read you "are you crazy," blog. Very interesting, my only thought is about the entrepreneurship professors. Maybe, their way of thinking big is not owning a successful business, but the teaching itself. Giving new generations of people the tools to make their dreams come true. Maybe that is what makes them feel as if they are part of a bigger thing. An unselfish way to make the world a better place; by giving themselves to others in hopes that the people they teach will go out there into the world with a purpose, with a dream to invent the next big movement. 

Just a thought, love the message, from a guy who is living his dream. Let me know if I can help in any way I'd love to be part of it all."

Now the point of me sharing this with you is so that YOU TOO can see an alternative view from a very successful and loyal friend of mine.  After reading what he wrote over and over again to really grasp the true meaning it started to sink in deeper and deeper.  What he is saying is an amazing point of view that I never gave much thought to.  I must say; I agree with him.  I agree with him on two different points he made.  The first he said "...their way of thinking big is not owning a successful business but teaching itself."  I agree with that and want everyone to know I was not trying to pass teaching off as a miniscule thing to do.  In fact I consider myself a teacher when I write these blogs to you!  I enjoy it. It's fun and very fulfilling. The second thing I agree with completely is when he said "It's an unselfish way to make the world a better place, by giving themselves to others..."  That's an amazing thing to say, and very true.  teaching is a selfless career.  It's one that very few people do and can do.  Teaching is almost an art form in the sense you are (hopefully) painting a real world picture for your class and relating every day  classroom teachings to real life events.  To make it clear again I was not trying to discredit the profession of teaching in anyway.  

You can be a big thinker and a big dreamer and still be a teacher.  Waking up thinking BIG in the sense that you are about to step into a class room of 40, 50 sometimes 150 students with hopes to inspire them and make them think as big as you, if not bigger.  What my  loyal friend told me is something everyone should read over and over again and understand it.  However, you should also understand, it is okay to question your teachers.  You can ask them what I stated in my last blog... "If you ran such a successful company, why are you here teaching making FAR LESS than you could be as an entrepreneur?".   Those questions are OKAY!  We encourage you to ask those questions and seek the answers for your own benefit.  You just might hear an incredible answer about them wanting to do the exact same thing I am doing; to help everyone else who wants to become a successful thinker/dreamer and entrepreneur. 


So cheers to you my buddy on the West Coast.  Cheers to you.  I hope you are as excited for surf season as I am.  Just remember "you can never stop the waves, but you can learn to surf."

 
Feel The Love Invasion,

-Robb



Do you have questions or a cool story for us? PLEASE Let us know.  info@ctrlaltdream.com

No comments:

Post a Comment